|SCGO SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM|
The purpose of the Seminole Club of Greater Orlando (SCGO) is to provide an opportunity to all of the Seminole Fans to expand their network and knowledge of all that Florida State University (FSU) stands for. The club is also essential in promoting the needs of the University through scholarships, recognition awards, and other community projects. All Alumni, Boosters and/or Foundation of FSU in Orange, Osceola, and Seminole Counties in good standing are considered members of the club.
The purpose of this scholarship is to award one (1) well-deserving student funding towards the payment of their undergraduate studies (graduate studies are excluded). The total amount of the scholarship is $1,000 (maximum). Funds are disbursed as a one-time payment payable to the student to be used towards university fees and books.
The student must be enrolled or enrolling as a full time student in good standing, as defined by the University, and must maintain a 3.00 cumulative G.P.A. and a resident of either Orange, Osceola and/or
Seminole County area.
The student (or parent/guardian of the student) be in good standing as a member of Alumni,Boosters and/or Foundation. Acceptance at The University shall constitute satisfactory academic merit; however, academic achievement beyond minimum requirements should be indicated by all applicants (academic
awards, honors,high GPA, high class rank, etc.).
To ensure that the selection of a scholarship recipient is unbiased, the selection will be administered by the University. Applications will be received by the Club’s Scholarship Committee or Chair, reviewed for compliance with basic criteria,and forwarded to The University Scholarship Selection Committee which will responsible for the selection process. The FSU Foundation will administer the management of funds, as directed by the SCGO Board of Directors.
- The student must be enrolled or enrolling as a full time student in good standing, as defined by the University, and must maintain a 3.00 cumulative G.P.A. and a resident of either Orange, Osceola and/or
Seminole County area.
- Must be a member of Alumni, Boosters and/or Foundation in good standing. Membership applications are available at the time of application and must be completed and paid for prior to application. (If applicant is not a member, this is applicable to the parent or guardian of applicant.)
- Must receive notification of acceptance at Florida State University prior to the announcement of the initial award.
- Must show active community involvement through past or ongoing participation in athletics, the arts, civic community service, or other activities.
- Must demonstrate a strong interest and desire in attending Florida State University.
Click on the links below for the Scholarship Release of Information Form and the SCGO Scholarship Application. Save these files to your system so you will have a copy. Print these files, fill them out and be sure to include them with all materials detailed below.
SCGO Scholarship Application
- Attach one (1) copy of an electronic unofficial academic transcript related to high school (or above).
- Attach one (1) letter of recommendation from a recent instructor/teacher.
- Attach one (1) letter of recommendation from someone who is well acquainted with but not related to the applicant.
- Attach one (1) page essay answering the following question: “Why did you choose Florida State University over all other colleges and universities?”
- Complete and return the Scholarship Release of Information Form.
Return Application and Required Materials
Deadline: May 5th
Applications can be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing the application to:
SCGO Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 1943
Orlando, Florida 32802
The Seminole Club of Greater Orlando has an endowed Scholarship through the University that is awarded to well deserving students. To contribute in making a difference in a student’s life, please click below to donate.
Contribute to the SCGO Scholarship Fund. Fund number F06379
Click here to make your contribution.